Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dandelion Girls

Second Life is a wonderful and interesting place in many respects.  I have gone through a few changes and challenges in the recent weeks.  Some of these challenges, I was not willing to discuss for some time because I was not able to process things in a timely manner.  Now that I have been able to think over my reaction and why I felt the way I did, I should share.

If you have read previous posts, you would have seen mention of a child named Monroe.  I had only adopted for a week before we found that we were not a fit.  Monroe had other needs in a family other than I could provide.  I was a bit broken up about it and the thing that was most awkward was that this happened right as I had started a trial with a second child.

As they say, when one door closes, another opens.  In this case,  it's been for the better.  Leli is a perfect fit for me.  She is grounded while I am flighty.  She is frugal while I am a shop-a-holic.  She allows me to blog, to shop, to do whatever it is that I need to do while being patient at the same time.  While this all sounds like Leli is my opposite, she and I share many similarities.  Suffice it to say, she is my miracle child!

Now, I know that some people don't understand the allure that child avatars have.  If you ask my bestie, Akemo, she would be the first to tell you that I had been severely opposed to having a family in SL.  The fact is that I had been lonely and I wanted to explore a new side to my persona.  Because of the fact that you can be or do anything you like in the sandbox world that we all know and love, I thought:  Why the hell not!

I had second thoughts when Monroe and I didn't work out but if that wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't have my wonderful Leli!  I love her very much and I couldn't imagine my SL without her.

And...  now I'm dating too.  O.o



Nym's Credits:
Skin - LAQ - Lacie2 - Fair- 01
Hair - >TRUTH< - Midori - Crow
Eyes - Insufferable Dastard - Snowfall Eyes - Seasons Gatcha - Hazel
Top - Nyte'N'Day - Dote Sweater - Honey
Tights - JANE - Lil Piggies Tights - Cable Knit - Yw Custard
Shoes - De La Soul - Canvas Flats - Dots - Sunny
Eyeshadow - Mock - Pure Yellow Orange Eyeshadow - Color Inspired Eye
Eye Liner - [ glow ] studio - Eyeliner - Boat
Lashes - BEETLEBONES - Mesh Lashes V.01 - Dainty Black
Lip Gloss - Mock - Cherry Red Aqua Gloss - Lip 1
Blush - Amacci - High Blush Tattoos - Peach (light)
Earrings - bellballs essentials - Diamon Firwork Earrings - Gold
Bracelets - Yummy! - Hodgepodge Bracelet - 2 Strand
Pose -  Olive Juice (Now closed)

Leli's Credits:
Skin - Mynerva - Bianca - Champagne Tone
Eyes - 2c - Magnetic 7 Dark Blue Eyes
Hair - Truth - Danni - Raven Color
Outfit (Top, Bottom) - JANE -  Hollie
Pose - Olive Juice (Now closed)

No comments:

Post a Comment