Monday, March 12, 2012

Grease Monkey

Same old, same old.  That's what I have been blogging lately.  From what I am wearing (always in my comfort zone) to where I am located, it's been stale.  So, I thought it was time to switch it up a bit.

My grandfather was a mechanic and a welder.  Even though he didn't complete high school and in fact, dropped out of school when he was in the 9th grade...  He was the most intelligent man I have ever met in my life.  He trained himself how to work on cars by reading from their service manuals, which is a feat in and of itself since he was functionally illiterate.  He learned how to weld at a young age as well by watching others.

He worked on the Southern Pacific railway as a mechanic for their freight train engines for the majority of my childhood.  When the station that he worked at closed down, he moved on to working with diesel trucks.  My grandfather became famous in the semi-truck yards as the best mechanic to see in the Northwest.  Companies would call him to see if he could be persuaded to leave whatever job he was at and come work for them.  But my Grandpa was the most loyal man on the planet and once he set his mind to something he was unwavering. 

My Pops passed away in 2007 but he raised me, along with my Grandma, and I will never forget the lessons he instilled in me.  I will always know the differences between a Metric Wrench and a Standard Wrench, a Chevy and a Ford, and why I should by local, American and support farmers.



This one's for you Pops.


Love,
Me

PS. I even found a classic car to work on for ya.









Credits:
Skin - Illusory - Love Milk - Organic
Hair - >TRUTH< - Melinda - Mocha
Eyes - De La Soul - MESH Eye- Grass
Top - JANE - intrinsic tank - gr avocado
Jeans - Sn@tch - Rolled Up Belted Jeans - Filthy
Shoes - ANCAYI - Chuck - black birthday
Dog Tags - Adam n Eve - Male Action Dogtags
Mud/Grease - OVERT - Mud

No comments:

Post a Comment